is a blog if no one sees it. I wasn't sure who knew I started the blog as encouragement to my amazing cousin Alicia, so I sent the link to a few family & friends. It was created in support of "putting yourself out there".
As we've been preparing for the upcoming nuptials, I'm trying to be careful with Rena's feelings. At the very beginning of the engagement she wasn't so sure it was a great idea. She loves Tim, but hasn't had good experience with a parent marrying again. Since then she has come along and is excited about it (I hope anyway). I picked up a book at the library about a girl whose mother was getting remarried. The girl feels bad because she loves her "step dad" almost as much as she does her dad. Plus she wants her dad to marry her mom instead. Strangely in the book, the dad was at the wedding.....not for this girl : ) Anyway, long story longer, we are doing our best to not only make Rena a part of the wedding, but make sure she is OK with it. Not an easy task for someone as high strung and sensitive as Rena.
Now the fun stuff, her dress came in a few weeks ago and is ADORABLE. She's had it on 3 times already. I can hardly stand it. I'm not sure if people are coming to the wedding to see Tim and I get married or to see Rena in a dress : ) This week we are focused on shoes. She's being a good sport and I think may even be enjoying it....even though she'll never admit it.
As I was writing our wedding ceremony last night, it made me realize that much like marriage transforms a person, those same things happen when you become a parent. It hard to put into words. I'm the luckiest girl on the planet! Its remembering, this is the good stuff!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Can't wait to see you in your dress Rena! Jacon, Nolan and Caleb can't wait to see you again too!
Julie, I've been meaning to tell you that I had a dream about your wedding reception. It was crazy! Everyone was playing basketball and you guys were talking about going on your honeymoon. You were going to Japan! You wanted a bunch of us to come along with you. I kept saying that I probably shouldn't because of Gavin, but you said, "Just bring him with!" It was very bizzare, but lots of fun! Sorry, but I always have weird dreams! Anyway, looking forward to the big day!
Love ya, Alicia
OOPS! I guess I can't even spell my own son's name! That should have read, Jacob!
Post a Comment