




Rena joined a basketball team (boys & girls) before the holidays and has had games each Saturday since Jan 12th (plus 2 practices a week). It has to be the most entertaining thing to watch these 1st & 2nd graders play basketball. Even more entertaining are the crazy parents (yes, I'm one of them) who are so involved in the game that you'd swear it was the Final Four tournament. I've lost my voice, grounded Rena for not taking it to the basket, and I'm sure embarrassed Tim and other family/friends that have come to watch this spectical.
Rena has a natural talent for the sport and has been one of the top played players on the team. There are 5 kids who are really good and I'm so proud Rena is one of them. Last week in the final minutes of the game, our team beat the team who couldn't be beaten. Ahhh....sweet victory. Now some say it should just be for fun and not about winning or losing, but I've got to tell you I like when we win.
The coaches (who ref the games as well) don't call most fouls which is good and bad. I hate that Rena is picking up bad habits because I know she will continue to play, but on the other hand I know they are young. The scary thing is a lot of these teams are pretty physical and I'm worried Rena's going to get her teeth knocked out. All in all, its is a cross between kids basketball, wrestling and the American Gladiators. I LOVE spending my Saturdays this way : )

1 comment:
Look at her go!!! Great job Rena! Looks like a lot of fun for you guys!
Hope to see you soon! Have a great week! Rena, Go for the hoop! Julie, Try not to lose your voice! And Tim, try not to be embarrassed, I know how that Julie can be! Ha!
Love ya, Alicia
Post a Comment