Mom in the "action" (me in green sweater)
Rena with her coaches
Its been a while since I've had a post about my amazing daughter. We've had quite a busy summer, but its been good. First things first, I'm proud to announce that Rena was accepted into the "smart kids" program for next year. Just before school ended, we went to an orientation and were very impressed with the program as well as the brand new facilities at the middle school. Also, a few of Rena's friends were accepted as well, so she'll have people she knows with her. Not that it matters for my little social butterfly.
Summer camps at the Y have been great this year. They have included camps such as In-line hockey (which of course she was good at), golf (liked because she got to ride in golf card and wear plaid shorts), IMAX, bowling, dance, and my personal favorite the Challenger British Soccer camp. Three players (2 from England and 1 from Scotland) came in to do an indepth soccer camp. http://www.challengersports.com/camps.aspx On Friday, they had the World Cup Finale and I took a few people from work to the field to cheer for her. She was on team Spain. Unfortunately they didn't win the cup, but it was fun to watch. At the end the coaches invited parents to come out and scrimmage. I tried to stay ouf to the way, but there are a few action shots. Fun stuff. There are so many pictures to share, I'll add a few to the post.
This past Saturday she went to Grand Rapids with my mom and had the pleasure of seeing The VanderWall boys which she loved. This weekend she leaves to go up north to her dad's parent's house in Leland, MI. They have a beautiful home on 10 acres overlooking Lake Michigan and the Manitou Islands. Grandma & Grandpa love the time with her and she has a blast as well. The week following she'll be at her dad's. Then 2 camps left and school starts. Where does the time go??!!?? She said to me this morning, she wishes it was the first day of school. She can hardly wait to know what classroom she's in this coming year.
I'm very proud of her athletic ability (which I completely lack) and her social skills (which I completely have) to be in such a large program. She's made some new friends this year, reunited with old friends and has become a "favorite" of on of the soccer coaches (the one with spiked hair in the center of the picture with her and the coaches).
Tim and I are mostly along for the ride. May was full of weddings. June visiting family & friends. Now August 2 more weddings and 2 weeks without Rena.
Glad to report the Dlugos Boyd household is busy, but contenet and happy!

1 comment:
You're a star Rena! Have a fun rest of the summer! Hope to see you again soon! Love ya! Oh, love you too Julie and Tim! :)
Post a Comment