Thursday, May 22, 2008

Zoveida Grace 2/23/2008 - 5/19/2008


A friend and co-worker lost her 3 month baby girl on Monday to SIDS. Tracie and William had tried for a few years to have a baby. Tracie has two older children (15 & 12) from a previous relationship, but William has been their father for the past 10 years, but never had a child of his own. Finally in June 2007 they found out they were pregnant. Baby Zoveida (named after William's mother in Cuba) was born in February and was perfect. They've never been so happy. Tracie was preparing to come back to work this Tuesday from her 12 week maternity leave and found Zoe. There are no words.

I really am having trouble wrapping my head around this. So many questions and no answers. Why a baby? Why this family? Why Tracie who has the biggest heart on the planet? Why? Why? Why? God's plan is the answer and he has a new angel in his arms, but why? Alicia, I'm going to need your faith here. Please help pray for this family and that they find peace somewhere in this horrible tragedy. Tracie and William will probably never recover from this, but life will go on and God will take care of them and their families. My heart breaks for them.

Please pray for them and keep them in your hearts. Hug those you love and never take a moment for granted (as it is only human nature that we do). We have a strange weekend ahead....a funeral, a birthday, and a wedding. Heart ache to celebration, I know according to Ecclesiastes3:1-4 To every thing there is a season, a time to every purpose under the heaven: a time to be born, a time to die, a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal, a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance

The picture is of Zoe and Rena and my wedding shower in April.

4 comments:

The VW's said...

Julie,

I'm SO sorry to hear this!!! What a horrible loss! I'm now at a loss for words! Lately I've been struggling with all the pain and suffering in this world! There are so many suffering and it is so hard to see! Every day I struggle with this, and the ONLY thing that gets me through is knowing that God DOES have a purpose and a plan! We, as humans, can't ever really understand why. I just know that this life is short in comparison to eternity, although a lot of days don't seem very short! We need to look to God during these times!

Please give my condolences to your friends and let them know that I will be praying for them!

I love you!

Alicia

Inspired said...

Alicia,

Thank you! The funeral was heart wrenching, but the love and support of those around the family was overwhelming.

Love,
Julie

Kimberly Hass said...

Julie,

My heart breaks every time I think of Zoe and her parents. I know we say 'God has a plan' and 'everything happens for a reason', but what could possibly be the plan, what could possibly be the reason??? Those statements are easy for us to say -- this didn't happen to us.

I'm thankful to hear that Tracie & William have lots of love and support from family & friends. I hope that they are able to get through this difficult time and find some peace.

Love you,
Kimberly

Inspired said...

Kimberly,

Its just so hard to wrap your head around the pain and grief they are feeling. They do have a lot of love surrounding them and time will give them the peace they need.

Love,
Julie