Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Year

Apparently I'm not a natural blogger. Its been quite some time since my initial blogs and that was just an introduction.
Things have been good. Tim, Rena and I had a great holiday and New Year.
The wedding plans are moving along. Tim and I are trying to keep things very simple. We know the wedding is not the best, but the marriage is the best part. We want to celebrate with the hundreds (yes 313 people invited) with a great dinner, open bar, and dancing. The rest is just stuff. So that is what we are doing. Tim finally came around and we are having a honeymoon at the beautiful El Dorado Royale in the Riviera Maya in Mexico. Our all-inclusive resort is amazing with 7 restaurants, 8 pools, 10 bars and an amazing view of the Mexican Carribean.
Rena had her first basketball last week and did a great job. I've known she can make a basket and dribble the while running, but I was worried how she was going to put it all together. She was a natural. There are 5 really good players on the team and she is one of them. Very entertaining watching 1st & 2nd graders play. I laughed and cheered a lot. Good stuff.
In 9 days Rena turns 8!!!!!!! How this happened I'm not sure. There is no way I'm old enough to have an 8 year old. She has been doing great which is refreshing after the struggles we had this summer. School has been going well and she is excited about the wedding.
Its at the end of each day as I sit on the side of her bed patting her back until she falls asleep that I take a deep breath and smell her hair realize I'm the luckiest person the planet.

No comments: